THE HOTEL PARTICULIER
In 1860, Alfred Sommier’s father, acquired a large building plot, close to La Madeleine. He wished to settle there his family, in a mansion matching with the prosperity of the family-run sugar business. At the time, the district of the Madeleine was on going the Baron Haussmann’s Parisian building developments.
The Sommier reached out to Joseph Lesoufaché, a renowned architect of the Second Empire. He designed two twin buildings made of cut stone with a courtyard in the middle and a garden at the back. Many elements of the original interior decor have been preserved.